In 2019, the world can witness a man-made element which actually is omnipresent: the internet. Our lives come to a halt without it. The internet has taken over almost the entire world by making connectivity as well as the effective execution of nearly every job much easier and faster. Yet it is rarely used in hospitals where it could have the most contribution.
Time is precious, especially when it comes to healthcare where everything is potentially about life and death. A life can be saved with the advantage of a mere second. In fact, better efficiency and organization in administering a hospital can promise you this advantage. With the aim of achieving this goal, technology indeed has good news for you. A wi-fi connection in hospitals can resolve this issue smoothly and almost entirely. Not only it helps you with a reduction of cost in various ways, but the Internet of Medical Things (IoMT) is transforming the whole medical industry.
The importance of hospital Wi-Fi network
As of now, we can safely say that the time of paper and pen is coming to an end. The sooner the hospitals catch up with this digital revolutionary world, the better healthcare will advance. It may be argued that accommodating a well-equipped server room in hospitals is a hassle and costly. However, this investment is conceivably as important as a properly stocked emergency room and here is why.
For the hospital:
- Quick diagnostics:
With a steady wi-fi in the hospital, you can use the IoMT devices to monitor, track, and detect illnesses more accurately than humans. This not only helps in faster diagnosis of diseases, and therefore their prevention and cure, but also is useful for collecting data more accurately.
- Faster communication:
Wi-fi on hospital premises allows every authorized personnel to collect patient information instantaneously from anywhere in the campus.
- The speed in accessing vital information in real-time will accelerate medical care.
- Different departments of the hospital like laboratories and emergency room can access the data at the same time, reducing the time in communication, and hence speeding up the treatment procedure.
- Doctors can be consulted in emergency scenarios even when they are not on campus. They can easily access the patient data and provide instructions to begin treatment before they reach the hospital themselves.
- Ease of access to patient data will also be a great aid for researchers and doctors as linking different data will be simpler. So finding a pattern in them and developing new ways to detect ailments will take less effort and time.
All being said, paperwork will not be completely invalid, they will surely be imperative as backups. However, digitizing them will reduce misguided information and errors.
- Accuracy in patient data:
- While the patient is in the hospital under the doctor’s care, devices connected to IoMT can track the patient’s body activity and therefore the effects of the course of treatment. This is always more accurate than the patients’ subjective declaration, and as a result, more precise guidance can be offered.
- A portal page from the hospital wi-fi network can be used to advise and educate the patient and his/her family about the treatment procedures live. Thus the errors in understanding and/or following instructions by the patients will minimize, making the treatments more effective.
- Hospital inventory management:
- IoMT devices show if there is a part to be repaired on their monitors, decreasing the hassle of detection.
- There are IoMT apps which can track hospital supplies. They can alert the staff about the shortage in the inventory, which not only assists in the provision of the resources but also can curb theft.
- Easier communication with the staff:
If there is a single hospital portal, patients can get in touch with the right person for a particular assistance they need simply by using it. Neither do they have to wait for help, nor do they have to disturb staff busy with other important work.
- Keeping in touch with loved ones:
Staying in the hospital is stressful and staying apart from loved ones can make the patients feel lonely. The Internet makes it easier for them to contact their loved ones at their will. A calm mind facilitates recovery.
- Source of entertainment:
Spending a prolonged period of time in the hospital can be really boring and moreover, most patients admitted there are in a lot of pain. More than a source of information, the internet is a major source of entertainment, and entertainment is a distraction. It can relieve pain substantially.
In today’s day and age, wi-fi is indispensable everywhere, hospitals are no exception. The Internet makes life easier for everybody. However, only a secure, stable, reliable, and strong wi-fi connection will be able to do the job right. So consult an expert service provider who will understand your requirements well and provide you with the best hospital wi-fi connection.v